These sweet potato baked egg cups are so delicious! I have created this recipe as part of my collaboration with British Lion Eggs and it really is so simple and can be adapted in many way to add different flavours. Despite the fact that I over did my eggs a little (ooops!), they still tasted great and I plan on making them again and again. If you missed my previous egg recipe, then find out how to make my spicy kale baked eggs here.
Not only are these egg cups yummy, but they also look really cool, so if you’ve got friends visiting then I definitely think this is a dish you could impress them with. Here’s how you can make some tasty sweet potato baked egg cups…
1 x large sweet potato
2 x British Lion approved eggs
Salt & pepper
- Preheat over to 200°.
- Wash sweet potato and pierce a few holes in the skin with a fork.
- If you’re pushed for time you can microwave the sweet potato for 5 minutes before putting it in the oven, as this means you’ll then only need to bake it for 20-30mins. If like me, you like your potato fully oven-baked then you’ll need to leave it in there for around 45 mins… maybe a little workout can be completed while you wait!
- When cooked, cut the potato in half and scoop out the flesh, leaving the skin in tack, as you’ll be needing those. At this point turn the oven down to approx 100°.
- Mash the sweet potato together with a little almond milk (approx 1/4 cup), salt & pepper and some feta.
- Place the mixture back into the skins and create a hole in the middle big enough to crack an egg into.
- Crack an egg into each half – it doesn’t matter if the egg white spills over a little bit.
- Place the potato halves back on the baking tray and into the oven for 5-10mins, but keep checking to see when your eggs are cooked.
- Sprinkle with a little more feta and maybe a side of avocado or asparagus.
- Eat and enjoy!
Love, Cat x
All British Lion egg producers (90% of the UK egg industry) have to follow a strict Code of Practice which ensures the highest standards of food safety and animal welfare. I always use organic eggs.