There aren’t many things I love about winter, as I’m such a sunshine and water baby, but if I could pick only a handful of things, this homemade roasted tomato and red pepper soup recipe would definitely be in there, actually any homemade soup and a warm, thick slice of bread would make it into the list.
This one is so simple and is a recipe my mum has been making for years. It’s the perfect started before a Christmas dinner party or just as a healthy lunch to have throughout the colder months. I usually make around four servings (the same as this recipe), and then Rob and I have leftovers for lunch the next day.
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 4)
4 red peppers
16 medium size tomatoes
Tablespoon Tomato puree
Teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
Tablespoon Worcester sauce
Salt & Pepper as per your preferred taste
- Preheat over to
- Slice the tomatoes and red pepper and place into a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle mixed herbs and rosemary and then stir, so it’s all even covered.
- Place on a baking tray with a few fresh basil leaves placed on top and roast in the over for 30 minutes or so.
- When nicely roasted put the baking tray contents into a blender (I do this in two halves) and blitz with the tomato puree, apple cider vinegar and Worcester sauce. Add water if you’d like to make the consistency a little more fluid and to make more.
- Pour the soup into a pan, add salt and pepper as per your desired taste and let it simmer for 5 minutes or so.
- When ready, serve, eat, dip your bread and enjoy!
This tomato and red pepper soup recipe also features in my latest weekly vlog, so check it out for further instrcutions.
Love, Cat x