I seriously love a good pizza. It’s by far one of my favourite meals, so even though I love healthy superfoods and colourful smoothies, nothing beats that round plate of cheesy, doughy deliciousness.
As much as going to the local pizzeria is great, there’s something to be said for a healthy homemade pizza, enjoyed in the comfort of your own home. This can very easily be made as a healthy vegan pizza recipe by just removing the cheese or made for meat-lovers by adding some freshly cooked chicken.
As part of my lifestyle I get to enjoy meals like this and never feel guilty for doing so. Pizza used to be a meal for weekends when you felt like having a treat, but when you’re making them at home like this, weekday pizza is more than acceptable! I created this pizza recipe for Argos and now I’m sharing it with you all…
To make one 10-12″ pizza.
The Base –
2 cups light spelt flour
1 1/2 teaspoons quick-rising yeast
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon manuka honey
2/3 cup warm water
Toppings (as much or as little as you fancy) –
Passata mixed with oregano, black pepper and tomato puree to thicken
Yellow bell pepper
Pepper to season
– Turn oven on to 175 degrees.
– Mix the dry base ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
– Add honey, oil and water and mix together with your hands.
– Kneed the mixture together letting the smooth dough form.
– Sprinkle some flour onto a flat surface and roll the dough out with a rolling pin
– Lay the dough onto a baking tray and fold up the corners of your pizza base slightly if you like a crust.
– Add your toppings to the base, starting with the passata and building on top.
– Cook your pizza for 12-15 minutes and keep checking on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Check out lots more pizza recipes from other bloggers over on the Argos blog.
Eat & Enjoy!