I’ve been told that because of the way the stars and planets are aligning, you will be a tough year for me. I’m still not sure how much I believe that, no matter how much of a star-gazing geek I am. But it doesn’t really matter whether I believe it or not, as all that knowing has done for me is to make me even more determined to work on myself and to overcome any hurdles that stand in my path, trying to knock me down.
2017, I’m not having a go at you. I’m actually so excited for you to get going, for all of the adventures I’m planning. I just want you to know that even through the toughest times, I promise to keep positivity in my heart and soul, even if sometimes it escapes my mind. I know it’ll be back.
BUT, moving swiftly on because hey, there’s no point worrying about something that might never happen! For the last three years I’ve written blog posts with my New Years resolutions, or goals as I prefer to call them, and I was unsure whether to write one this year, hence it already being January 3rd. I actually hadn’t looked back at my 2016 goals until now and I feel really rather proud, if I do say so myself! The only one I didn’t reach was the yoga retreat abroad, but that’s because I chose to get a higher qualification before doing that, so 2017, watch out, my retreats are coming!
I hope 2017, that you are even bigger and better than 2016. I will continue to work hard, be kind and share my passion with as many people as possible. Over the time it has taken me to write the last few paragraphs, I am now feeling inspired and ready to set some goals in place for the year ahead. Here are my New Year’s Resolutions and goals:
- Spend more time with my family
- Teach a yoga retreat in the UK and one abroad
- Get my back issues fixed and start to work on backbends again
- Do another yoga teacher training course
- Meditate at least five times a week
- Learn to do 10 pull ups! – I used to be able to do two, but am now struggling with one!
- Keep working on my straddle press to handstand (which I finally managed in 2016!) and starting working on the pike press
- Switch off from social media at 8/9pm every evening – it’ll be tough, but SO good for me!
- Have at least four totally phone-free weekends throughout the year
- Travel to as many countries as possible and meet lots of yogis and fitness-lovers along the way
- Do more voluntary yoga work
- Read a new book every month
So, 2017, I hope you’re ready for my positivity, loud laugh and silly antics!
Much love, Cat xx